Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Last Leaf

We have this huge maple tree in our yard. And every fall it drops about a bazillion leaves.

This year as part of a clean up the yard project Sam raked them all up. He got about 9 piles of leaves. And there were still leaves on the trees!!

The next day he and I picked them all up and put them in a pile in the field.

It was looking pretty good. And then that night a storm came up and blew the rest of the leaves off the tree!!

Then I noticed this little guy. He was the last leaf on the tree!! Honestly, there were no other leaves on the whole tree.

I did not think much about it until the next day I noticed he was still there. After about a week I took a couple of pictures of him. And the next day he was gone. It was like he was just waiting for me to take his picture. What a tough little guy. Millie

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Do you remember the movie The Last Leaf? I always cry...

The Hardy Things in Life said...

That is so awesome! I love it! I can't believe how cold it is!! BRRRR!!