Sunday, March 21, 2010

I have actually finished an afghan!!


Around this time last year I decided I wanted to learn to knit again and knit an afghan. (This after reading the Friday Night Knitting Club and Knit Two). I purchased knitting needles and yarn. I made Hannah a scarf to practice and then knitted this my first afghan. I did not finish it first because I was not aware of how much yarn it takes to actually knit an afghan!! And when I went back to the store to buy more I could not find my yarn. I looked in every store in the area and on line. No luck. I wanted to make my mother in law one for Christmas so I bought another set of needles (because my afghan was on the first set) and more yarn and made her a pretty blue one that I do not have a picture of!! This time I bought too much yarn and when I returned the extra yarn I found one skein of my yarn. I was able to finish my first afghan!! And here it is on my couch!!

It has a few flaws but I love it!! I have actually finished four afghans to date!! Yes I am very proud of myself. And I am itching to get to a yarn store and buy some more yarn for my next afghan!! I have also completed four scarves!! I am a knitting fool. Millie

3 comments:

riosfamilyinc said...

Yay! I want to learn how to knit so bad. I just don't know if I have the patience.

The VIPs said...

I have a scarf that I have been working on knitting for three years now. Every fall I seem to pull it out and work on it a little more (fall = knitting for me). I'm blown away by how fast you're able to make whole afghans!

Hannah said...

I LOVE that you are a knitting fool! Your afghan looks AWESOME on the couch! I absolutely LOVE it. And I don't want to sound selfish but I WANT one. I love you mom...you know that right. I do.