Sunday, July 12, 2009

The 4th of July...an Eisenhauer Extravaganza!!

This year like every year the Eisenhauers put on their big firework show. I am not kidding here it is big!!
Renny (pictured here with Courtney who made it on time this year!! Yeah Courtney!!) is in charge of the actual firing off of the fire works. He lines up the launchers (there is one big bin just full of launchers) and with the help of Frank, Mike (he's with Courtney), Ike and a neighbor he proceeds to put on a show of constant fireworks for 20 minutes. I know you are thinking that I am exagerating but this year I actually timed it and it was 20 minutes of non stop firework display.

Did I mention that a lot of people show up? This year around 150 people lined the street to enjoy the show. It seems to get bigger every year.

Did I mention that there are a lot of fire works? This is one of 2 bins and this does not include the fireworks the kids get to do before the show begins.


And of course there is lots of food. A friend of Frank's brings his big grill and grills up a mess of hamburgers and hotdogs. And every one else brings potluck. It is usually all gone by the end of the evening. Did I mention that things don't really get started until around 9:30? Yes we are all eating a meal then!!

Frank (seen here seriously conversing with Lorna) is the man in charge. He loves this day. He gets out his little sound system and welcomes the crowd. He has Rob sing the National Anthem and Proud to be an American. He is every where at once greeting people and keeping Renny on schedule.

Here is Ike with his daughter Lanie. She does not like the loud noise and wears big earphones.

And here is Ike with his daughter Chase. She does not enjoy the noise or the fireworks and spent most of the evening in her room listening to music.

This Courtney with her son Kurt enjoying the food. That Kurt is quite a character.

All in all it was a great time enjoyed by all. We can hardly wait for next year!! Millie

4 comments:

MaudieV said...

Unbelievable. Did I tell you that I have heard about this famous 4th but I am so excited to see pics of it? Thanks for sharing. Tell your Mom, "hi" for me. I love you all.

The VIPs said...

I think that we need to make the drive next year and see it for ourselves. I will try to talk mom and dad into coming as well.

Justin

The Hardy Things in Life said...

What fun! I can't believe how many people were there, crazy!! Hopefully we can make it next year!! All that food!! Yum! Hope to see you soon!

Hannah said...

You are all more than welcome!! We would love to have you. Millie