Friday, February 5, 2010

Got the Blues.....

This is the time of year when I find myself feeling a little blue. I live in the Northwest and I know it rains here (that is why it is so green even now) but it can get a little old day after day. And usually after about a month into the year I realize I have either not started on my new year's resolutions or have forgotten what they were. I always thought as these months as our quiet time but we seem busier than usual and the calendar pages are full even when newly turned over. I begin to feel overwhelmed and want to just lay in my warm bed and read whatever I want and eat chocolate things (which affects one of my new year's resolutions!! and not in a good way!!).

Then today the sun was out and shining all day!! Sam and David cleaned the gutters (now they won't drip all over when the rain begins again.) and I cleaned the patio. I found some bulbs beginning to come up and can hardly wait to see what they are again. I am putting my sleds and ice skates away off the porch and putting the snowmen away. I am getting out hearts and red and white things and might even throw in a little pink. And as soon as February is over I am getting out my yellow things and ushering in spring!! (I just watched a little squirrel scamper up our side walk and on to our porch!!) I am officially calling off the winter blues and moving on!! Hit me with your best shot February. I am ready!! Millie

1 comment:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

So true! I can't believe how nice it was yesterday!! Love it!! Spring is just around the corner!! Hope all is going well!!