Friday, May 21, 2010

Sam's Eagle Court of Honor....finally!!

We finally got it put together and did it!! Sunday was Sam's Eagle Court of Honor.
Here he is giving the Eagle Pledge with all the other eagles in the eagle's nest. (Thanks David MacDonald for being there and doing this for us. Also seen in the background is Vance Stephens who MC'd the whole thing and was a big help with the slide show, thanks Vance!).

Do we look like proud parents? Well we are!! He did good!!

Sam pinning Rob with the dad's pin.

Me getting my mom's pin. (We worked hard for these pins and wear them with pride.)

Rob putting on Sam's eagle scarf.

This is how good a kid he is, he knew his dad was putting the scarf on backwards and he didn't want to embarrass him so he did not say anything and wore it that way all night!! You gotta love him.

The Battle Ground Elks came and gave him a flag.

The flag flew over the capital in Washington DC on March 15, 2010.

Sam gave his mentor pin to Bishop King who was also his Scout Master and got him to life scout before he turned 14. He is a good man.

Lots of friends and family came. We were surprised by how many. We felt very supported and loved!

Kaylynn and her family were there.

Far Mor and her sister Shirley were there.

Lynette Pickup and Carol Brown (not shown, your welcome Carol!) helped, no, they did everything in the kitchen and kept the food coming. What a blessing to have really good friends.
I worried a lot about not having enough food but thanks to Mitzi King who made meatballs and Shauna Stephens who made a Texas chocolate cake, we had enough.

And here are those who took care of the flag ceremony!! Just a bunch of fun guys.
It was a great night, glad it is over and really am thankful to all of those who helped us put it together, especially Rob who worked for days to put together the agenda, find those who spoke and participated, and put together an awesome slide show. No wonder Sam is such a good boy with a Dad like Rob. I love my guys!! Millie

2 comments:

Carol Brown said...

I will say that when I scrolled down to the food pictures I started to panic. Thank you for continuing the tradition of no photographic evidence of my existence. I appreciate it immensely!

Vip said...

Some how I missed this post. How awesome is it that Sam was able to get his eagle. Being in the young mens I know the dedication it takes and I respect those boys who work hard to get it. Congrats Sam and congrats Aunt Millie and Uncle Rob. I know that it is because of great parents that these boys are able to achieve this honor.