Tuesday, August 9, 2011

David before trek and after

This is David before trek at 5:30 in the morning! Not too excited about his trek clothes. Does not know yet that everyone is going to look like him when he gets to the church. You can tell by his look he questioned the whole idea of the trek and the reason behind it.

David after trek! Notice the angle of the hat and the look on his face that says, "I don't care what I look like. I survived the trek and I look good!" I love the whole trek experience and I love how it has affected my kids. I love hearing their stories afterwards and feeling the spirit they felt. I think the trek experience helps them to realize they can do hard things and afterward appreciate that they were hard but they did them. I am very proud of David. He was a leader in his family and an example to his fellow trekkers. (I know because he is David and because his ma and pa told me so!) Millie


No comments: