Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Not as easy as it sounds!!

I saw this blog a while back where they took plastic spoons and made a wreath. It looked pretty cool and they said it was really easy. After the family reunion I had a bunch of clear plastic spoons from costco left over so I thought I would give it a try. It seemed like a simple idea. But what I found out was that my spoons were too nice. The heavy kind you can actually eat with are not good for this project. My wreath kept popping apart. I would get it all glued together and come back later to find it in pieces. My family got blamed for picking it up or dropping something on it. Finally I had it all together and I spray painted it a cool copper hammered metal color and hung it up. The next day I went on a field trip with Luke and when I returned I found this.

Only part of the wreath was still hanging up.

The rest was laying in the herbs.

This was what I had left. I had to apologize to my family because apparently the spoons were too stiff and heavy and it would not stay together and popped apart on its own. I was a bit discouraged. Then I thought I would give it a try with some cheap spoons and this is what I got.

You have to remember that my camera is broke and I can not see what I am actually taking a picture of! This one I did to resemble candy corn with orange, yellow and white spoons purchased at walmart and winco. I love it.

This is another one I did with just white spoons. Total cost $1.50 including the ribbon. I do not know why I like these so much. I am saving spoons to do a candy cane one for Christmas. If you use cheap spoons they really are quite easy and go together in about 30 minutes. It takes 48 to 50 spoons and a glue gun. I may give it a go with my left over forks. Not sure how that will look.
We shall see. Millie

No comments: