Sunday, April 11, 2010

I have learned why I am not a sport photographer and that in order to take decent action shots at a soccer game you need to have a more expensive camera and miss a lot of what is going on during the game while you focus on your subject!! I have also learned that unless your subject is...

....standing around waiting for the game to start...

....waiting for some one to throw in the ball....

....tying their shoe....

....trying to catch their balance after having saved the ball....

they may not be in the picture at all!! Here David has just kicked the ball up field and is out the picture on the left.

And here Sam is standing behind #11 having just passed the ball up field.

This is David following the ball after having kicked it up to his team mate.

This is Sam (in black with the yellow captain's armband) winning the ball.

I did get a few decent shots. Here is David fighting for the ball.

Sam is the one in the air on the right behind the white running player. (If the lighting had been different in the stadium this would have been a much clearer picture.)

David getting to the ball and sending it up field.

Sam is the black player in between the two white players. He has just kicked the ball away from the goal.

David about to send it! He does that very well. He has a really good kick and can put the ball where he wants it to go.

Sam about to do one of the things he is well known for, head the ball. We are currently attending two soccer games every Tuesday and Friday nights until the second week in May!! David is on the JV team which usually plays earlier and usually not at the same place as the Varsity games that Sam plays in later the same evening. But we love it and they are both fun to watch. Isaac is currently playing on a spring team and plays on Saturdays. I will try to get some photos of those games. Yes we are all soccer all the time!! Millie

3 comments:

Ariane said...

Derek says that's the best life! And I understand your photography woes. I tried taking pictures at a few of Derek's games last year. Afterwards he and Chad asked if I had seen this cool play or that great shot and I had to admit I didn't. I must have missed it while I was trying to catch them on camera.

The Hardy Things in Life said...

What fun!! You are sure busy!! I am sure you are loving all of it though! We are going to have to come to some games!!

Vip said...

I think that they look good. My mom didn't take pictures because she was always running the book. Also I love your music.