Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is it really only Wednesday?

This has been a very busy week. And I can not believe it is only Wednesday. Here is my week so far at a glance.

Sunday:
Get the boys to our 9:00 church meetings. Forget I told Rob's Mom I would take her home after Sacrament meeting, so I drove her home and then went back for Luke's talk in Primary closing exercises. Then drove to Stake center for training meeting with Brush Prairie's primary presidency at 12:15. Sat through my 7th ward conference (only three more to go). Picked up my new VT companion (a YW) and we go visit our other YW. Finally at 5:30 I get to be home. Our HT come by around 7:30.

Monday:
Get up at 4:50 with Sam and David. We had a car in the shop so I took them to seminary. Went back to bed for an hour and then got Luke off to school. Went to work for 3 hours and then to Luke's class at 1:00. After that I cut out all the paper for the open house mural project while waiting for marching band practice to be over. Came home took Isaac to soccer practice and picked up David from practice. Fixed dinner and gave the FHE lesson. Got stuff ready for training class on Faith In God for Tuesday meeting and the refreshment table.

Tuesday:
Up at 4:50, drove Sam and David to seminary. Finished up getting stuff ready for meeting that night. Luke off to school and ready for VTs at 9:00. Got to work about 9:40. Made quick trip to Costco to pick up refreshments for meeting. Worked the book fair at the school 1:00 to 2:30. Went home and got dinner ready for Rob and older boys and took to David's soccer game at 4:00. Went home and changed into dress and got dinner for Isaac and Luke. Arrived at church at 6:30 to set up. Taught class and ran discussion with Stake Activities Day camp committee. Helped clean up. Went home and worked on mural for Thursday. Crashed into bed!!

Wednesday:
Up at 4:50 and saw boys off (yea the car is fixed and back!!). Went back to bed for an hour or so. Got Luke off to school. Went to work, it was shopping day. Went to bank and Winco and Costco. Met Rob for lunch. Then met with Rick to pick up fundraiser stuff. Unloaded groceries at home and then at Weiss'. Picked up Isaac from marching band. Came home sorted fundraiser stuff. Met soccer teams at 4:30 to deliver fundraiser stuff and dropped Isaac at soccer practice. Picked David and Isaac up from soccer. Came home and finally got to take off my shoes and put on my slippers!! Want to sit on the couch with a heating pad and knit the evening away but need to finish the Eric Carle mural for tomorrow night's open house at the primary school. Am so looking forward to bed time!!

Thursday and Friday are not as bad. Thursday involves work, visiting teaching (my regular partner and route) and the open house. Friday I work, help at the book fair and go to soccer games, David at 4:00 and Sam at 7:00. Isaac has an over nighter (need to pick up birthday present!) Sam and David will then stay the night at the neighbors to dog sit. If I could just find a place for Luke Rob and I could have an evening together. Will probably put Luke to bed and then try to stay awake watching Avitar!! (Yes we bought it. We were sucked in by the free popcorn, candy and little cans of pop!!)

Then the week end which this week does not involve a jazz band festival or dance festival practice. Isaac has a game. Rob and I are going to go to the temple. Then Sunday and we start all over again Monday morning!!

I am not complaining, I do love my life and my kids and my husband. I need to learn to say no, but when I say yes to stuff I usually don't realize it is all going to fall on the same week!! Millie

2 comments:

Hannah said...

you forgot to mention talking to your awesome daughter on the phone!!!! miss you...a lot...more than I will admit! loves!

The VIPs said...

wow- maybe I'll stick with just one kid. :) You're super busy!