Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Meet Isaac. He is our 4th child and our third boy. He has adorable dimples and everyone has always said so!! He is a great soccer player, loves to read and write stories. He plays a mean trombone. He is really a super guy. And he had big tonsils. Big you say. Actually they were huge!! When we first went to the ear nose and throat doctor he said I have seen a lot of tonsils, lets look at yours. Wow, those are huge!! And here is proof.....

Huge!! His adenoids were also huge!! Because of these big daddies it was hard to swallow, he snored, he had constant ear infections. When he stood by you it was like standing Darth Vader. So the decision was made to take them out.

Here he is after getting his IV put in. It took the nurse a while to find a vein but she did and here he is waiting to go into surgery.

And here he is after the surgery in the recovery room. First thing he said to me...."I have my shoes on in the bed". Isaac was the perfect patient. He was in quite a bit of pain but never complained. He was easy going and just a good boy.


And here he is with the tonsils gone. He is on week two and back in school but still hurting. Having your tonsils out is one of those things that get worse before it gets better and I think we are on the getting better end of it. He can actually stand by you and you can't hear him breathing. Now we just have to get over the bad breath part!! I mean baaaad breath!! Love ya Isaac! Millie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hope this helps you. I had awful bad breath and tonsil stones. thank god my only friend told me to check Oraltech Labs advice as it got rid of her bad breath and her post nasal drip. I've been following Oraltech Labs advice for about 4 months now and I feel much better, also at work people are not avoiding me anymore so it seems to have cured my bad breath as well, so good luck. Jenny NY

kyle said...

Hello,
I am a myofunctional therapist doing a presentation for other health professionals on myofunctional disorders, mouth breathing, tongue ties, and all that goes with that. I found your blog while trying to find a photo of grade 3 or grade 4 tonsils. I would like to see if you can give me permission to use the large tonsil photo that you posted on the blog.
Thank you,
Kyle Isaacs, Myofunctional Therapist