Monday, December 6, 2010

Banana Crazy

So our neighbors down the street, the Freemans, have an organic farm and belong to an organic co-op. A couple of Sundays ago they called to say they had some bananas and could not use them all, could we use them? I said sure, who could not use some extra bananas. What I did not realize was that this was a little more than a bunch of bananas.

It was a banana box full of bananas!! This is after we have eaten the first layer off!! Yes I made banana cream pie for Thanksgiving and we put many a banana on cereal and ate them right and left and still had these!! Of course my family will not eat a banana that has brown on it, so when they get to a certain point they are done with them. This weekend I finally got them all peeled and frozen for future use. We also made 5 batches of banana muffins with chocolate chips!! If you have any good banana bread recipes I am in the market! Millie

1 comment:

riosfamilyinc said...

I'm so jealous just thinking about all the muffins and bread you will be making. YUMMY! I am the same way with the brown on bananas, won't touch them until it's time to make bread with them.