Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just a regular Saturday!

So, Hannah helped me put a background on my blog page and is helping her dad figure out the music part. Now I need to start taking some pictures so I have something fun to share. I can not believe we are half way through January. I did finally get the last of the Christmas things put away this week. I think next year I am going with the theme "Less is More" so it does not take so long to put away. Now I have all the snow men out and we look wintery. Of course the grass is green and the bulbs are trying to come up but we are winter in the house and on the front porch.
Today Rob and the boys cleaned up the basement and set up an exercise area with the weights, bench and bike. I think there is going to be some serious body building going on down there. They also set up a ping pong table!! Don't know yet how serious that is going to get!
The sun was shining today so Isaac and Luke (the boy wearing shorts) thought they should get to set up the tent and camp outside now that summer is here!! They don't realize that that smoke coming out of their mouth is their breath and that summer is still 5 months away. Mom can be such a party pooper.
Monday we have a holiday for Martin Luther King day or Human Rights day, I am not sure what we call it in Washington. The boys are all planning on which friends to have over! Except for Sam. He will be spending the day at the school practicing with the Advance Jazz band (he plays the upright bass). They are going to Georgia in March. He is very excited to go and willing to give up a few soccer games (the HS season will be starting about then) to go. They are also hoping to go to New York a little later in the year. Still waiting to hear back on their audition for that one. So we have some major fund raising to look forward to in the next few weeks!! Any one interested in some cookie dough?

3 comments:

MaudieV said...

I just love hearing about you and your family. I am so excited for Sam. What a great experience. I didn't know he played the bass!!

riosfamilyinc said...

I love the backround. I have been trying to figure out how to do something fun, but haven't got it yet. Thanks for the update on your family

themechams said...

Millie, Get that camera going girl. We can't wait to see the photos. Thanks for the update.
C