Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 random things about Millie

I have put off posting a new blog because I still don't know how to put the pictures on!! But Hannah wanted me to post 25 random things about me. So here goes!

1. I use to own over 50 plush M&Ms. My friend Carol gave me my first one and I put it in the hatch back of my car so I could find it in the parking lot. It just kind of grew from there. They were all purchased at goodwill or garage sales. I had so many I would change them out each month. I even had a Darth Vader one. I gave them all away when Rob and I traded cars. I still own 3 M&M costumes!!

2. I love chocolate covered cinnamon bears. I found them at BYU during education week. Hannah always brings me some home from BYU-I. Now I have found them at Winco in the bins. Yeah!!

3. I read way too much. I spend a lot of time reading lots of different kinds of books. I have a book club now and we meet once a month to talk about a book. I love Rosmunde Pilcher. I will reread my favorite books every year.

4. I love to watch my kids play soccer. Rob got me some cute rubber boots that are black with white polka dots to wear to the games because it is usually muddy. Sam's high school soccer starts soon and I can hardly wait.

5. I love my water bed. I know they are old fashion and show my age. But nothing is better than climbing into that warm bed when it is a cold night or I am sore from excercising.

6. I really enjoy watching my boys pass or bless the sacrament. It just makes me so proud of them.

7. I hate trying to figure out what to fix for dinner every night.

8. I watch way to much TV. The best thing we ever got was a DVR so I can record them and then watch my favorite shows when I want. I justify watching by dusting the living room or exercising while watching.

9. I love my caller ID. We just recently got it and now I rarely answer the phone!!

10. I collect old enamel dishes. It started with just the ones I found around the farm and now has kind of gotten out of control. I hang them on my kitchen wall and put things in them. I have some in nearly every room.

11. I also like metal baby cups. I have Rob's dad's cup.

12. This is taking way to long to write.

13. I love living out in the country. We live on the old family farm but do not farm. Right now we don't even have any animals!! Rob's mom lives next door and I love that. She is great with my kids.

14. I love that Luke thinks I am beautiful!!

15. I still miss Hannah every day. I don't cry anymore but I look forward to getting her phone calls and hearing about her day.

16. I too would like to write a book. I even have the opening paragraph written down. I just don't think I can really do it. So I keep putting it off.

17. One of my favorite places to be is at Maudie and Rick's house. They are just fun and hospitable. I always look for reasons to stop there when we go by. And their kids are great too.

18. I am not a fan of snow. I don't want to play in it and it just makes it hard to get around here. We are not equipped for snow.

19. Even though it was one of the hardest things I have ever done, I would go on another trek.

20. I made the boys suffer through two Jane Austin movies one Saturday. I did not make them watch all of Pride and Prejudice with me!!

21. I have taken over taking care of Isaac's turtle. I even talk to her when it is just the two of us here at home!! Weird, I know.

22. I love to look at little girl clothes. Everything is so cute. Why is it when something is little it is just adorable?

23. I really love it when my four boys all play together. I just like watching them or being in the other room and listening to them.

24. I do not enjoy walking around the house in my under wear!! ( I don't know where Hannah gets it!) I am always afraid some one will stop by!!

25. I did not think I could come up with 25 things and really just barely did.

I love ya Hannah!! Mom

7 comments:

Hannah said...

hahaha, I'm so glad you posted that and I'm sure that more people than just me will enjoy that. 15 made me tear up. And I miss you everyday too.:) And I think that you should get working on your book. You are farther along than I am. Get going! Maybe someday we could team write one! I'm so glad you made the boys suffer through Jane Austen. Someday they may thank us for it because they will be well rounded. And sometimes they can be funny(I've always loved...this room). And have you ever walked around the house in your underwear? It's really liberating. and you have the house to yourself most of the day. I don't think I need to say what would be happening if it were me ;).
Well now that i've written a novel I just want you to know that I love you! And when you come visit me in march(don't try to fight it) I will teach you how to put pictures up, okay? and a playlist too!

The Henriksons said...

While out shopping I thought of another thing. I love it when Rob meets me for lunch. I love it when he takes a day off during the week and the boys are in school and we spend the day together. I love that he calls me during the day and leaves me messages on the chalk board. I love that he dedicates songs to me when we are in the car. I love Rob!! Millie

The VIPs said...

How have I missed that you have had a blog all this time?? Thanks for your nice comments on mine, now I'm off to read all your posts and catch up on your family!

donnaR said...

My mom has a full set of depression glass that belonged to Grandma. She is looking for a new home for them. Would you be interested?

donnaR said...

I hate trying to figure out what to fix everynight for dinner, too! I can't understand how Becky can make a list of her days activities and not even include making dinner. It's such a major ordeal. I used to make lists and be all planned. Now I just moan, and think, "sigh, I have to do this again." I wish I had a turtle to talk to. I only have a cat.

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Thanks for sharing all those random things about you! I loved reading it, and you know what I love looking at little girls clothes too, but I also love buying them! hahaha! I have just started to get into reading a lot more, and I love it too! But I have to be careful because when I find a really good one, I tend to do that all day rather then be mom! haha! I am not too sure I would want to walk around the house in my underwear either! Sure hope things are going well, and love you!

The Henriksons said...

Donna,
I would love the glass if no one in your family wants it. It is fun hearing from you. I have tried to comment on your blog but can't get it to stick for some reason. Millie