Thursday, March 12, 2009

I am going to knit an afghan!!

Carol wants me to get her picture off as the first thing you see on our blog!! So, today I am blogging!! Rob bought a new camera today so hopefully we will have new pictures soon. So, what to write about? I have just finished rereading Friday Night Knitting Club and read its sequel Knit Two. (A word of warning they do swear a lot in both books). And I have decided I am going to knit an afghan. I was taught to knit by my Grandmother and actually completed a purse. As a young adult I knitted a scarf for a boyfriend. (Rob wants to know why he never got a scarf. I say because he got me instead!!) So now I am going to try again. I am excited to give it a go. I think my grandmother would be proud of me and I hope I can finish it with out her (she did actually finish the purse for me). If this goes well I may take up knitting slippers. You remember the ones we use to get from grandma every Christmas and loved, with the little pom poms on them. I can hardly wait. So, I am going to buy some knitting needles and some yarn. I will let you know how I progress. Maybe I will become part of a knitting club!!

Just like the knitting club in the book, I go to my monthly craft club. (Pictures on Carol's blog). This is a great day!! We get to talk and eat and paint. We have a great group of ladies and the numbers always fluctuate. But I always feel good after the day spent with these special friends. We just need to keep coming up with fun ideas to craft. Several ideas have come from Maudie's house when we (Carol and I stop) in on our way to education week. So if you have something fun and want to share, let me know!! Millie

3 comments:

MaudieV said...

Wow, knitting, huh? I'm impressed. My neighbor tatted an altar cover for the TF temple. It was so beautiful and brought back memories of mom and her tatting. I also remember laying in bed upstairs one Christmas Eve and listening to Orey talk about Grandma's slippers and how he loved getting them for Christmas. What fond memories!Good luck and good practice. You'll be glad you did when those grandbabies start coming.

The Henriksons said...

I would love to learn to tat. But think I will start on something a little easier. We shall see. I think grandma slippers are a memory all my siblings share. It would be fun to make them all some one year. Will see how this goes. First I need to buy some needles!! Millie

The Hardy Things in Life said...

That sounds like so much fun!! Let me know how it goes!! I think slippers would be tons of fun!!