Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Readingaholics

Hi, I'm Millie and I am a readingaholic. Yes I admit it. I love to read and I read way to much. I have read at least 10 books since the beginning of the year. And that does not include books read to Luke!! I read books when I should cleaning house or sleeping. I started a book club so I would have a reason to read one book a month. I read books my boys want to read or are reading so I know what they are reading and so we can talk about them (my excuse to read fantasy)!! I read books Rob brings home from work that people there reccommended. I can't go to Costco with out lingering through the books. And don't let me in Barnes and Noble!! The only site on the computer that I am comfortable with is the Fort Vancouver Regional Library!! I currently have 5 books on hold that I am waiting for.
So, when I read on Justin's blog that he was reading "The Road" by Corman McCarthy, and Christine spoke so highly of it, I thought that is a book I need to read. I went to the library site and two days later I had it in my hand. I had to finish the book I was reading that Rob wanted to read and my book club book, but then yesterday I started "The Road". Today I finished the same book. Why would any one enjoy this book!! I will admit I am a sucker for a happy ending. I was so depressed by the time I finished it. And what kind of ending was that? Any way I had to read alittle book I picked up at Goodwill "The End of the Beginning" by AVI to get over my sadness!! Any other suggestions Justin? Millie

5 comments:

Vip said...

Ever since my mission I haven't been able to stop reading. It started when Becky was working at Barnes and Noble, I would go in and wait for her to go to lunch or get off work and I would just read different books. I am currently reading RFK's bio and it is really good. Becky and I decided to do the BIG Read this year which is The Maltese Falcon. I haven't started it yet since I am working on a book already but it is the next one. The book I read before The Road was Angela's Ashes and It was really good. The Giver was before that and Catch 22 before that. I would suggest The Giver and Angela's Ashes, they were both great books. I really liked it and I think that I may have to post the reasons on my blog because this is getting out of hand. By the way thanks for the shout out on your blog.

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Wow you are a reader, but that is just so awesome! I love to read too but never have enough time, because once I start one I can't put it down, then I feel like a bad mom!! haha! I agree with Justin The Giver was good!! Hope you had a Happy Birthday!! Love you!

Hannah said...

Have you read Emma yet? I specifically left it with you to read! Does no one understand my love for Jane Austen??? sigh...i have begun the tale of two cities and am excited. I hope it's good. I want to read the Scarlet Pimpernel...have you read that? I love you and I love that I inherited your love of books. I can't go near a library or I will get nothing done and fail all my classes.

Hannah said...

ooh p.s
You should read El Camino. I'll bring it home with me this summer. and if you don't understand what is happening I will know! YAY! haha

The VIPs said...

Hannah- I LOVED the Scarlet Pimpernel, so awesome!