Monday, July 12, 2010

Old Home Week!

While we were in Weiser we drove the kids around and showed them places I lived and went to when I lived in Weiser. This is the Jr. High as it looks now. It was a big old building when I moved back from Alaska when I was in the 7th grade.

This is the house on Liberty where we lived before we moved to Alaska and where we lived after we moved back from Alaska. I spent one summer sitting on this porch tanning my legs and reading Harlequin romances!! Cindi and I also use to keep on eye on the boys from California...

who came each summer to visit their grandma who lived on the corner in this house!! Of course we did not let on to them that we were watching!! We were too busy tanning and reading! But we always hid behind sunglasses!

This is the house we lived in on 2nd. My grandfather Doc came and helped to build on the addition and the porch. You can just see in the corner part of the rock garden my father put in.

This is where my Dad's grocery store was on Main Street. I use to work here bagging groceries and stocking the shelves.

This is the Star movie theater. We would go down on Friday or Saturday nights to see whatever movie was popular at the time.

This is a view of Main Street. We use to drag main every time we left the house without our parents in the car!! We only lived a few minutes from the grocery store but it always took at least 30 to 45 minutes to go any where!!

This is the building out side of Weiser that use to be the home of KWEI 1260 on your country dial where I worked as a DJ the summer before my mission. I would buy this building if I had the money and do something fun with it.


This is another building I would buy if I had the money. It is the Galloway mansion and now a bed and breakfast. I think it would be so fun to be able to buy it and run the bed and breakfast. Both buildings are for sale and have been the last to years we have been down for the contest.
Oh well, one can dream!! Millie

No comments: