Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Aunt is better than your Aunt!! Way better!!!

Hannah was headed back to Rexburg today. And the roads got pretty bad. Our friends the Fish family (yes they are a real family!) had boys headed back to Rexburg and Provo. Roads were closed, things were dicey. I called, who else, Maudie, and she said anyone could come to her place. The thing is I knew when I called that that is what she would say. She is such a great lady (and her hubby Rick is a great guy). To just open up her house to a bunch of young adults and be happy about it. I don't know how many will end up staying. I know Hannah and the other 3 with her are there.

Thanks Maudie and Rick for being the kind of people you can call and know that they will say yes, come on over. When Carrie (mama Fish) called me concerned about her kids and their riders on the road and what would they do, I automatically said, I have family in Twin Falls and they will be welcome there. Then I called Maudie.

I hope I can be the kind of person Maudie is. I hope I can be willing to serve and help when ever I am asked. Thanks Maudie for your example and kindness and having a home where people feel welcome. I owe you big!! Millie

3 comments:

MaudieV said...

I'm the lucky one. Not everyone seems to think to stop or check on us. But I can always depend on you and your family. I loved having Hannah here, eventho I wasn't able to visit as much as I would have liked to. Thanks so much for your love and support.

Vip said...

The funny thing is that your aunt is my mom, so I guess in a way my mom is better than your aunt. Well maybe that doesn't work. Regardless, my mom is amazing! I know that they are always ready to have more people at their house. The more the merrier has always been a mantra at my house. Great post, and don't think that the title went unnoticed.

SL&G said...

Yup thats my mom! Pretty amazing lady! You gotta love her :)