Wednesday, November 10, 2010

True Confessions

So, Rob and I went to the house warming of a couple from Rob's office. It was one of those where I have met the people but do not remember the names or who goes with who! I spent most of the time visiting with the 5 year old boy who came with his mom and dad and little sister. Isaiah was really interesting! But the food was really good, homemade guac and those blue chips. Tacos with a choice of chicken or beef (which was delicious) and tortillas that were like homemade! Any way now for the confession...I was a little parched and decided to have a drink of lemonade. Everyone else was drinking it. (I should have realized they were not giving it to the kids, or the pregnant lady was not drinking it, or Rob for that matter.) So I poured myself a glass and took a big gulp. Needless to say it was quite a bit stronger than any lemonade I had ever had!! And burned all the way down! Fortunately no one else was in the kitchen at the time so I believe I went undetected by Rob's office mates who did not need to see Rob's wife guzzling the not lemonade. Fortunately my bishop was there and I was able to make my confession and move on to the water!! (I was not trusting anything else!)
Later all I could think of was all those times in high school when people tried to slip me spiked drinks at the foot ball games and dances and I was smart enough to detect the unwanted substance. I can no longer say I have not tasted alcohol even tho it was an innocent accident. And I must say I do not see the draw. I was not impressed and have no fears of becoming a secret guzzler. Millie

No comments: