Thursday, September 22, 2011

I am not ready.

Since school started we have finally had some summer! It has been warm and sunny (except for last weekend, which was okay because we really needed the rain) and like summer should be just in September. I finally have tomatoes turning red and they taste so good. So needless to say, I am not ready for this......

fall and pumpkins! Tomorrow is the first day of autumn. I usually love fall and love to decorate for fall but cannot seem to get into it just yet this year. I barely put my red, white and blue stuff away in time for book club. (Our book for this month is The Dry Grass of August, see I can not put summer away yet!) I think part of it is we had a really good summer. We had a lot of fun at Weiser. The boys were busy with camps and trek and such throughout July. In August we had a really great family reunion. It was amazing that we had such a good time and no one killed anyone. We loved having Maudie and Rick here and Jeanne and Bob and their families. And Pat and Sonnalee and Edrea and Bo. We had a fun day at the beach and several fun weinie roast. So you can see why I am not ready to let go of it all. To help I have decided to try and make a new wreath to add a fall touch! I will let you know how it goes! Millie

No comments: