Sunday, April 5, 2009

I love conference!!

I have really enjoyed going to conference this weekend. We were able to go to all the sessions at the stake center. Rob sat with his back against the wall and his foot up on the bench. Saturday we went to Izzy's in between for lunch and last night Rob went out to dinner with Sam and David and his brother Jeff after the Priesthood session. Today we took a picnic lunch and ate in the parking lot with 4 other families. The weather was beautiful. And we all shared our desserts!!

I came away with such a feeling of hope from conference. We usually have a FHE about prophets and past conference talks the Monday before and then we each write down things we are concerned about or want to know more about on a card and put it in our scriptures and pray during the week for answers. Every time I have received answers to my concerns. And it is always great to hear how the kids have received answers. As usual I have received answers and have come away knowing what more I need to do.

I loved when the choir sang "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet" and they showed the pictures and video of President Monson. And his closing remarks on what we need to do. In this time of trial and strife it would be easy to be afraid but as our leaders have told us, faith is not fear. I am grateful for a prophet and other leaders on the earth today to give us guidance and for their example. What a blessing. And for the blessing of having a temple close to go to for peace and inspiration. Millie

2 comments:

The VIPs said...

I also love conference but prefer watching it at home on my couch in my pajamas, with chocolate milk. I admire that you get dressed and go watch it at the stake center

The Hardy Things in Life said...

I loved conference too!! It is just amazing listen to the wonderful counsel!!