Wednesday, April 8, 2009

To TP or Not to TP

Friday night while Isaac and Luke were innocently sleeping and Rob, Sam, David and I were watching "O Brother Where Art Thou" we were TPed.
(I tried to get some pictures but they are pretty dark!!)
They did a beautiful job. We still have some toilet paper in the trees really up high. The boys did not quite know what to think and Rob was glad he is still not walking so he didn't have to clean up!! I myself did not mind at all. I look at is as someone likes us. I also figure I used up a lot of rolls TPing all over Weiser and in parts of Vancouver and even recently in this area. So, if Karma does exists I expect we will be TPed again.
David asked me if TPing was only thought of as good in the Mormon culture because the kids on the bus wanted to know who had TPed us (because we can't get it all out of the trees and it is still blowing out there) and David said we think one of Sam's friends did it because they also TPed his truck and not our other cars. They said some friend that is and did not think it was cool at all. So, that is my question, Is TPing a positive thing or a negative thing? Let me know what you think. Millie

7 comments:

donnaR said...

I think you are right. It seems that only the mormon community considers it a sign of friendship, or even popularity to be TPed. Actually outside the MC I don't think anyone does it.

The VIPs said...

I only ever did it to the people that I liked, so I'm thinking positive

The VIPs said...

when I say "people that I liked" I should clarify. I really meant "boys that my friends and I thought were cute"

better let Sam know he might have an admirer

The Hardy Things in Life said...

I would have to agree with Becky!! We did it to the ones we cared most about, or maybe just trying to get their attention!! Love it!

MaudieV said...

I always felt it was a gesture of love or at least like. And the kids always cleaned it up because we figured it was one of their friends. One of the best TP jobs done on our home was done by a group of young men who weren't LDS. Do you remember that Justin?

Vip said...

Yeah I do they even did the inside of my truck. We also did the Buhlers one night and had TP clear up in there really tall trees.

I think that you only do it to people you like. If you are trying to hurt someone you do something else.

Amy said...

I love it. I do have a friend who feels VERY strongly against it. It's vandalism and our kids shouldn't be taught that breaking the law is okay. I see what she's saying, but I still love it. I also love Sam's haircut!