Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Break Fun!!

This week is our spring break. The first day of spring break Rob was playing basketball with David and went up for an alley oop and came down wrong!! He suffered through the night and then on Tuesday we took him to the Dr. who sent him to an orthopedic surgeon who confirmed that it was not broke, only very badly sprained. As he put it " Your ankle is very angry". Because the swelling was so bad they put on a cast like splint and he is suppose to keep it above his heart for the next 72 hours!!
Here is Rob in his room!! He has taken over the couch. Today he got to take a sponge bath (Yeah) and listened to The Count of Monte Cristo on book on CD. He is doing really well but very tired of this position. He is not to go back to work until Monday and he goes in in 10 days and hopefully the swelling will be down and they can put him in a boot.
For a treat tonight I made a fruit pizza. The recipe card says Becky's fruit pizza so I am assuming I got it from Maudie. We used strawberries, kiwis, and mangos ( a fruit I fell in love with on my mission).
The trick was cutting it so you got all three fruits. It was delicious if I do say so myself. And very pretty to look at.
The boys ate fruit pizza and were good enough to listen to Luke while he told them a story. It has poured down rain all day today and I saw three cars with snow on them when I took Sam to his Dr. appointment. So far this has been a rather disappointing Spring break. Monday we cleaned the patio and the boot boxes and bedrooms. Then the mishap with Rob's ankle. Tuesday Rob and I spent all day at various Drs. offices and the pharmacy. Wednesday the 3 older boys had dental appointments ( always a treat, we do love our dentist, Chuck, but it is still the dentist) and Sam had a Dr. appointment for a very deep chest cough he brought home from Georgia (where the Battle Ground Jazz band brought home a 3rd place, the only public school to place!!) and wanted to take care of before soccer starts next week. We watched a movie with the boys we should have previewed first!! Fruit pizza has definately been the high light of our break so far!! Hopefully Rob's foot will be better by the end of the week and we can catch a movie and go to conference a family tradition. The weather is not suppose to be good until Saturday and Sunday of course!! Millie

4 comments:

The Henriksons said...

I wish I could say this was an April Fool's joke but it is not!! It has not been all bad. We've made personal pizzas and fruit pizza. We have a nice clean patio!! And a lot of together time!! I think we will all be ready to go back to school and work on Monday. But we are really looking forward to conference. We go to the stake center even tho we could watch it at home and go out to lunch on Saturday in between sessions and bring a picnic lunch on Sunday. Hopefully we can go this weekend. Millie

Hannah said...

haha, i love how afterward you feel like you complained too much so you post a positive comment. I LOVE YOU! And this blog post made me totally homesick(more so than I already am!) And you better make fruit pizza when I get home because you never made it when I was home. sigh...it's raining/snowing here too and I hate it. Love you!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Bummer, man well I sure hope that Rob's leg gets better soon!! But man that fruit pizza looked way good, and the boys seemed to enjoy it!! Love you guys!

Vip said...

That stinks! That fruit pizza is amazing though isn't it? Becky doesn't make as often as she used to but everyone always asks her to bring it things. I like the mango idea and may need to let her know about that. I hope things start to get better. With Hannah coming home maybe we could start the book club.