Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I love my red house.

A few years ago Rob and I decided to paint the house (actually we had the house painted!!) We looked at lots and lots of colors. I wanted red but Rob took some convincing. I drove him around the county showing him red houses and told him how ours would be different. Instead of white trim we used a cream. And the doors and porch floor are blue. We got lots of comments from our neighbors as the painting was happening. All of them positive. I love to tell people we are the red house on the right!! It is great for decorating in July!! And it looks real good at Christmas time. My dilemma is fall. Orange pumpkins clash just a bit. But I am doing it anyway. My visiting teacher brought me some pumpkins and I have dug out the scarecrows. I am filling all my old metal colanders with apples from our trees and those little mini pumpkins. I am going to get some of those fairytale pumpkins that are all weird shaped and gourds. I love fall. Especially if we have an Indian summer and the leaves don't get all rained on and blown off before they turn colors. Hopefully my next blog will be our porch decked out in its fall colors.
Millie

4 comments:

The VIPs said...

I also love your red house.

The Hardy Things in Life said...

I love it too!!

Hannah said...

haha remember when Lisa Lenzini thought the house was red with yellow and purple? muahahahah! so funny!

The Henriksons said...

Or when Kay wanted to know if the shutters had always been yellow and Far Mor said, The house is red!!! Ha, Ha, Ha!! Or when Grandpa wanted to know why we painted it pink!! It has been fun!!