Sunday, September 13, 2009

Things I love about Stake Conference.

This weekend was our stake conference. And as usual it was really good. But for some reason the Saturday night session was especially good. Rob and I have been talking about how we need to get to the temple more and set days to go and do it. And of course the whole meeting was about the ordinances we do and the covenants we make and the importance of the temple. It just helped us to realize we are on the right track and I love it when that happens.

Sunday we had a broadcast stake conference that happened all over Washington and Alaska. President Monson spoke and just set me up for General Conference in a couple of weeks. Which I always look forward to. Elder Oaks spoke directly to the primary children and had them all stand up and sing "Follow the Prophet" with some of his grandchildren. That was so great. I serve in the Stake Primary and to see the children stand and sing together was very touching. You know how it is when children sing the primary songs. Your eyes automatically tear up because the spirit is always there so strong.

They were great meetings. I love our Stake Presidency and can feel the love they have for our stake and its members. I look forward to General Conference and hearing from our prophet again and the rest of the brethern.

I also love that we had the early session and I got to come home and take a Sunday nap!! I look forward to meeting at 9:00 next year and having the whole day after church for reading and napping and laying on the bed talking with my kids!! Millie

1 comment:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Yeah I have to agree!! Sunday sessions were so amazing!! I just loved it all!!