Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pictures I took and those I wish I'd taken on our trip to Idaho!!

When we took Hannah back to Rexburg I thought I would blog the trip, but of course I kept forgetting to take pictures. Here I wish I had a picture of us taking off in a car packed with Hannah's things! She almost didn't fit in the back seat!! The picture I have is of the windmills that dot the hills along the freeway after you leave the gorge. They are huge!!

This is how we know we are close to Hermiston!! These trees line the freeway and the rows are so straight you can look all the way down them to the end. They are raised to make paper because they are fast growing. Now I wish I had a picture of Cindi's house!!

Instead you get one of the Columbia River Temple. Okay you are right. This is not the Columbia River Temple, I inserted the wrong picture. (And as Hannah knows I do not know how to move them once I have put them in!!) This is the Rexburg temple where we took a walk on Sunday night.

Here is the Columbia River Temple!! It was beautiful at night.

Here is Ben with his family outside the temple after we went through a session. It was so nice to be in the temple with the Jorgensen family and to be with Ben.

Afterwards we went to Carl's Jr. And had some laughs!! It can't be helped with both Stuart and Derek in the place!!

Now I wish I had a picture of Cindi's family loading up for their camping trip!! Or one of Grandma and Grandpa before they took off. Instead I have one of the Subway in Ontario where we ate lunch on our way to Twin. It would have been fun if I had gotten a picture of the two girls we saw with bright pink hair. But I did not.

This is the book I read aloud to Rob while he drove. We almost finished it on the ride home Tuesday. It is one Hannah suggested called "The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane" by Katherine Howe.

This is Rob watching the BYU football game at Maudie and Rick's house in Twin Falls. They were not there but were good enough to let us stay over.

Here is Bronco Mendenhall during a tense moment in the game!!

Here is the team when we won the game!! It was a great game to watch. Afterward we took Hannah to Applebees. But of course I do not have a picture!!

Sunday we went to the 4th ward and then made lunch at the Vipperman's. Rob made brownies! YUM!!

Here is Hannah happy to be back in Rexburg!! I wish I had the temple picture here!! and I wish I had a picture of Chelsea and Nick and their cute apartment.

We stayed at Derek and Stephanie's place in Rexburg. They were camping with their family and were kind to let us stay. We did feed the fish. Of course I do not have a picture of us unloading the car or any of Hannah's room mates!!

Before we left Rexburg we took Hannah to dinner at Bajios. Very good Mexican food!! It was reccomended to us by the Riries who we ran in to quite a bit while in Rexburg but of course did not take a picture!!

This is Hannah's apartment door. She now lives in 107 right across the way from her old apartment 108.

This is her lovely room that she shares with Cassidy. It was all unpacked and set up and ready to go when we left. I can picture Hannah there. I do not have a picture of Maudie and Rick or Marc and Ashley and little Drage who let us stay with them on our way home on Monday night.
Or any pictures of the ride home!! But it was good to get out of the car and be home. Millie

2 comments:

Hannah said...

haha, i love it. Except the picture of me, I look awful!! :) But I love you and thanks for driving me down! Loves!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Love all the pictures of the fun adventures on your way to Rexburg!! Glad you guys had a great time! Man I do miss the Rexburg Temple!!