Monday, January 4, 2010

A rite of passage.

What is it about boys (of any age) and fire? I had some stuff to burn. But I had to wait until it was not pouring down rain. And then I had to wait a few days for the wind to stop blowing. And Isaac wanted to wait until his two older brothers were not home so he could do it by himself for the first time. (I guess having older brothers around makes it difficult to actually do it on your own. They are so helpful with their ideas and suggestions!!)

Finally such a day arrived and Isaac headed out to the fire pit where we usually roast hotdogs and marshmallows for s'mores with stuff to burn and matches.

They have been practicing their fire building skills at scouts (he is almost a first class) and assured me he could do it.

So Isaac has passed one more rite of passage to becoming a man. He can build and maintain a fire all on his own. They grow up so fast!! Millie

No comments: