Saturday, February 26, 2011

The writing on the wall.....and the floor!!

We finally got the library cleaned out (that's another blog I am sure) and ready to paint, and behind the door I found these wall drawings done in red crayon.

I only have one child who was my wall artist, Sam. He could not be trusted with a crayon on most surfaces but wall seemed to be his favorite. This was a work of art that had stayed hidden for at least 15 years!!

He also took the opportunity to sign the wood floor before we put the new carpet down. (I know you are asking why would we put carpet down on that floor. Why was it not sanded and buffed and brought to its natural beauty? Another story we will not go into at this time!) David, Isaac and Luke also signed the floor but I can not locate those pictures (dumb computer! or camera! it surely is not my fault!) But as you can see, Sam's was not the first signature (pan to the right upper corner).


When we pulled up the old carpet we found this! And a few other things written on the floor by Sam's dad!! The date is 12/23/75. It must run in the family and for once it is something from Rob's side!! Hey you don't see my name any where on the floor do you? Millie

No comments: