Monday, May 9, 2011

This is why I do it!

I was watching a segment on the news and they were talking about how much money a mom would make an hour if she was paid. They included house cleaning, chauffering (you know driving around), nursing, cooking and teaching. I don't remember what the amount came out too but I do know it seemed really low. So, if I am not making the big bucks, why do I do it. Yesterday morning I came down to strawberry crepes for breakfast. They made a triple batch! One day last week when I came down to get Luke off to school there was a note on a napkin thanking me for being the best mom ever. One day last week I got a text saying thanks mom you are the greatest. I received five cards from kids and one from the best husband ever telling me why I do this job. I have recently had some doubts about my mothering skills and a fear that I have messed up my kids. But thanks to some really great kids and a man I love very much, I know I am not doing so bad. There is always room for improvement but I love my kids and know they love me and are willing to put up with my imperfections!! Thanks for a wonderful Mother's Day Hannah, Sam David, Isaac, Luke and Rob. They could not pay me enough to give this up!!! M

No comments: